"Our opponents maintain that we are confronted with insurmountable political obstacles, but that may be
said of the smallest obstacle if one has no desire to surmount it." - Theodor Herzl

Monday, January 14, 2013

Why is Daniel voting Labor? Not afraid

I am desperate, not afraid!  

As we get closer to voting day, the day we Israelis have the opportunity and obligation to vote for who we believe should lead Israel and the Jewish people, too many politicians are trying to scare me: whether it's about Iran, Haredim, Arabs, Palestinians, Settlers, Mizrachim, Ashkenazim, education, army … the list is long. But I don’t want to vote because I am scared. I want to vote for a vision, for an alternative to the last four years and an alternative to what seems inevitable—another four years of the deterioration of the Zionist dream. I am tired of politicians trying to scare me into voting for them. I will not vote out of fear. I believe Shelly Yachimovich and the Labor Party are the only alternative to fear.

I may be desperate but I am not afraid, I'm voting Labor because I believe.  

-Daniel, an oleh from Australia 

No comments:

Post a Comment